If you have recently moved to the area and would like to register with us please see one of our receptionists, and bring with you the following documents:
- Your medical card
- Proof of identity (eg passport or driver's licence)
- Proof of residency (eg utility bill or bank statement)
- GMS1 form (available from receptions or to download here)
- New patient registration form (available from receptions or to download here)
To complete your registration you will be given an appointment with our Health Care Support Worker for a new patient health check.
Patients will not be unreasonably refused registration, and “unreasonable” includes refusal based on:
- Medical condition;
- Gender or sexual orientation;
- Religious group or religious beliefs;
- Political beliefs;
- Appearance or lifestyle.
The Practice will however refuse registration if:
- The list is officially “Closed” (see above);
- The patient resides out of the publicised Practice area (5 mile radius of the surgery – a map showing the practice area is displayed in reception).
Relative and friends of patients from overseas are welcome at the practice if they fall ill during their visit. Details are available at reception.