The website contains a range of health information and resources, along with practical information on visiting the surgery. We hope you find it useful and informative.
Important Notice For All Patients
Effective from 11th January 2018 Burbury Medical Center will no longer be accepting repeat prescription requests from any pharmacies on behalf of patients.
Due to patient safety Burbury Medical Center with the support of BSC CCG and LPC will stop taking prescriptions requests from any pharmacies.
All patients can now order repeats in following ways:
- By filling out right hand side of prescription and handing it to reception or drop in the box
- By filing out prescription request slip at reception and handing it to reception or drop in the box
- Online prescription request using patient access.
Repeat prescriptions will be issued at the doctor's discretion and are normally for patients on long-term treatment. We are unable to take orders or issue repeat prescriptions at weekends, public holidays or out of normal surgery hours.
Please allow 48 hours before collection and make allowances for weekends and public holidays.
We have a repeat prescription box located inside the practice. Please ensure you write your name, address and DOB on the medication request slip, including all the names of your medication and drop the medication request slip into the repeat prescription box.
Please note that this is not applicable to housebound and vulnerable patients. These patients can continue to order in the same manner.
From time to time, you will be advised to attend for a Medication Review, blood and/or urine tests, blood pressure checks etc so that we can continue to monitor your condition. If you do not attend for these, further prescriptions may not be issued.
The NHS belongs to the people.
It is there to improve our health and wellbeing, supporting us to keep mentally and physically well, to get better when we are ill and, when we cannot fully recover, to stay as well as we can to the end of our lives. Click here to download The NHS Constitution leaflet (.pdf)
My Healthcare Federation – Extended Appointments
Burbury Medical Centre is a member of My Healthcare and can offer evening and weekend face to face GP, Nurse and Healthcare Assistant appointments from Burbury, Fernley, Harborne, River Brook and West Heath Hubs. The extended hours appointments will be booked by our reception staff as usual but patients will be seen at whichever Hub is the most convenience for them. The addresses of the 5 Hubs plus the telephone numbers to ring if you needed to cancel or change an appointment are:
- Burbury Medical Centre, 311 Burbury Street, Birmingham B19 1TT. Appointment cancellation telephone no. 07424 041608
- Fernley Medical Centre, 560 Stratford Road, Birmingham B11 4AN. Appointment cancellation telephone no. 07561 109028
- Harborne Medical Practice, 4 York Street, Birmingham B17 0HG. Appointment cancellation telephone No. 0121 427 5246
- River Brook Medical Centre, 3 River Brook Drive, Birmingham B30 2SH. Appointment cancellation telephone no. 0121 433 8910
- West Heath Medical Centre, 194-196 West Heath Road, Birmingham B31 3HB.
Appointment cancellation telephone No. 0121 483 2122
We are also able to offer our patients telephone consultations with either a GP or pharmacist based in MyHealthcare’s Virtual Hub at West Heath Medical Centre. The call will be booked by our reception staff for a time that is convenient to you.
Please ask a member of our staff if you would like further information.
About our practice
We are a small partnership of three General Practitioners, who are committed to providing high quality NHS medical care for individuals and families in a friendly and caring environment.
We are also a training practice, having doctors in specialist training as well as medical students present at the practice.
Would you recommend this surgery?